31.5 C
New York
Saturday, June 19, 2021

Caleb Kudah Assault: Officers breached standard operating procedure; Lt. Col Agyeman and three police officers withdrawn- Kan-Dapaah

The National Security Ministry says the officers involved in the arrest and assault of Citi FM/Citi TV journalist Caleb Kudah, acted inappropriately and breached the standard procedure. This was the conclusion arrived at by a committee set up by the Ministry in the wake of the incident. The investigation also concluded that the Mr. Kudah unlawfully entered the premises of the premises of National Security in his quest to expose how some vehicles procured by MASLOC, had been abandoned.

 

- Advertisement -

Consequently a series of actions have since been taken against the officers who assaulted and manhandled the journalist. The statement signed by the Minister for National Security Albert Kan-Dapaah said the ministry has reversed the secondment of the Director of Operations, National Security Secretariat, Lieutenant Colonel Frank Agyeman, whom Caleb Kudah recounted how he kicked him in the groin.

 

“The secondment of Lieutenant Colonel Frank Agyeman (Director of Operations) at the Ministry has been reversed. The officer is to report to the Chief of Defence Staff for further investigations and appropriate action” the Ministry said in a statement.

- Advertisement -

 

Three police officers involved in the assault have also been withdrawn and instructed to report to the Ghana Police Service for investigation. The statement however failed to name the said officers.

 

Attached is the full statement from the National Security Ministry

 

Source: Newswiregh.com

- Advertisement -

Must Read

Related Articles