The Nigerian authorities have declared 90 travellers who recently arrived from Brazil, India and Turkey as “health hazards” after they failed to observe health protocols meant to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

They are wanted after failing to present themselves for Covid-19 tests and evaluation upon arrival, according to the presidential steering committee on Covid-19.

The group includes 63 Nigerians and 27 foreigners who arrived between 8 May and 15 May. They arrived through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja.

In a statement, the committee said the offenders face possible sanctions, including disabling of their travel passports for one year; cancellation of visas or permits of foreigners and prosecution.

It said they pose considerable danger to public health for evading the mandatory seven-day quarantine for persons arriving from restricted countries.

The travellers have been asked to present themselves to any public health office by Tuesday for immediate evaluation.

Earlier this month, the committee issued an advisory for passengers arriving from the three countries.

Zambia lawyer wants president locked out of election

Previous article

Lille beat Angers to pip PSG to Ligue 1 title

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Comments are closed.