The deadly Delta Variant of COVID-19 has been detected within a community in the country. This was disclosed by the Ministry of Information. According to the ministry, the detection was made today, Friday July 2, 2021 at 10 am.
Here are the details of the Facebook post up by the Ministry of Information
- At 10:00hours on Friday July 2, 2021 the Covid-19 task force was advised by the Ghana Health Service, that the Delta Variant of the SARS-Cov-2 virus has been recorded within a community (ie non-arriving passengers) in the latest round of genomic sequencing.
- Relevant agencies are taking the necessary steps to ensure that spread is contained.
- The Positive persons are in good health.
- The task force will provide further details at 13:00hours on Sunday July 4th, 2021
- The general public is advised to adhere strictly to the covid preventive etiquette while going about permitted activities.